What is Pepakura Designer?
Pepakura Designer allows you to create paper craft models from 3D data.
This software is open to the public as shareware so you can download and try it freely although some advanced features are limited until you purchase a license key.
Please note that Pepakura Designer does not contain software to create the original 3D models, but instead translates them to a 2D printable format.
Pepakura Designer supports common file formats of 3D data.
The fee for a license keycode of Pepakura Designer 3 is US$38
>>Go to Order page
Get Pepakura Designer
Pressing above button starts downloading Pepakura Designer 3.
* Pepakura Designer runs on Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista.
After downloading, run setup_pepakura_designer314_en.exe
and follow the instructions.
If you have already installed v3.x.x, you do not need to uninstall it. The installer overwrites the older version.
* 3D file formats Pepakura Designer supports are:
- Metasequoia (mqo)
(Recommended: Highest compatibility, Free version, MetasequoiaLE R3.0, is available.)
- Wavefront (obj)
- AutoCAD 3D (dxf)
- 3DS Max (3ds)
- Lightwave (lwo)
- Binary/ASCII STL (stl)
- Google Earth4 (kml, kmz)
- Collada (dae)
Order License Keycode
Runs on Windows 10 technical preview
We noticed that Pepakura Designer 3 does not run on Windows 10 technical preview unfortunately.
Please follow steps below to resolve the problem:
1. Download opengl32.dll from here
2. Place the dll in the folder where Pepakura Designer 3 exists.
(default folder is "c:\Program Files (x86)\tamasoftware\pepakura3en\designer\")
Resoulve printing trouble
Please try the alternate version available from following link:
This is still a beta version. We appreciate it if you could give us feedback by clicking a button.
Use old version
- Group/Ungroup feature was added.
- One axis movement on 2D window was added; Left mouse drag with [x] or [y] key restricts the direction of movement of selected parts on 2D window.
- One axis 3d model rotation was added; with arrow keys or right mouse drag with [x] or [y] key.
- Minor bugfixes and updates.
- A command to flip both the 3d model and the pattern was added ([Others]-[Mirror Inversion]).
- Some grammatically wrong texts were corrected.
- A menu to export the unfolded pattern separately into multiple DXF files was added as [File]-[Export]-[Vector Format]-[Multi-Files DXF].
- The part which is selected on the 2D Window is highlighted on the 3D Window.
- A menu to check the overlapping parts was added as [2D Menu]-[Check Overlapping Parts].
- Double-clicking an edge on the 3D Window before unfolding selects multiple edges on the edge-ring at a time.
- An edit mode on which measures the distance between two points was added as [2D Menu]-[Edit Mode]-[Measure Distance between Two Points].
- OBJ file loader was improved.
- DXF file exporter was improved.
- Pop-up menu on [3D model window] was omitted.
- OBJ file loader was improved.
- A bug of STL format auto detector was fixed.
- To open .dae exported from Google SketchUP 7.1 was partially supported. We still recommend you to use older version of Google SketchUP.
- TGA file format was supported for textur image.
- STL ASCII format support was added.
- OBJ, DAE file loader were improved.
- Collada (*.dae) format support was added. (Still not stable.)
- Some UI terms were proofreaded.
- New command [Set All Edges to Open] was added to [3D Model Window] menu. This command makes all faces disjoining when unfold.
- Part alignment and part rotation commands are added with a toolbar. You can easily align parts or rotate by 90 degrees.
- Setting of [Size of Opening] and [Viewing Angle] of 3D model window are kept when restart Pepakura Designer.
- Some tiny bugs were fixed.
- Compatibility with KMZ (Google Earth format) was improved.
- An issue with European OSes in which v1 PDO files could not be opened was fixed.
- A texturing bug when printing and exporting was fixed.
- Other minor bugs were fixed.
- Some spelling errors in Menu and Dialog were fixed.
- Various minor bugs were fixed.
- Toolbar positions were restored.
- Issues with sample data were fixed.
(C) Tama Software Ltd. All rights reserved.