PC Telnetd 2.02A
Telnet Server for Windows
PC Telnetd is a standard telnet server running on Windows.|
It provides the next features:
- Control a remote Windows machine.
- Utilize CPU power of remote machine.
- Share COM port on a remote machine.
- Use favorite telnet client software, instead of standard DOS window.
- Easily create custom server programs as a command line program.
- Communicate with multiple telnet clients.
Use PC Telnetd to control command-line on Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000 from other computers connected by LAN or Internet. PC Telnetd provides the following features:
- Remote Management: Login to the command-line (MS-DOS prompt) on the Windows machine in which PC Telnetd is running from a remote computer, and perform any configuration task which can be done using command-line tools.
- Borrowing Processor Power: Let a remote Windows machine running PC Telnetd to execute some heavy works such as compiling a large project.
- Sharing COM Port: Connect to a COM port on a remote machine running PC Telnetd from a telnet client software through TCP/IP. This enables remote control over modems and various RS-232C instrument.
- Utilizing Favorite Telnet Client Software: Running PC Telnetd under standalone environment, you can use familiar telnet client software instead of the standard DOS window, and store logs, cut-and-paste easily, review texts once scrolled out, etc.
- Custom Server Program: You can create TCP/IP server applications as a simple command-line program using only stdin and stdout, and run it as the PC Telnetd's shell.
- Chat: Connect many telnet client software to single point and communicate each other.
PC Telnetd is a standard telnet server (telnetd). So you can use telnet.exe included in Windows, various Windows telnet client software (communication software), as well as telnet clients for other operation systems such as UNIX or Macintosh. You can connect to PC Telnetd via LAN or Internet.
You can control only command-line softwares, and you cannot control GUI applications such as Notepad or PaintBrush through PC Telnetd.
Price is only US$ 24.99.
- PC Telnetd can be run on Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000 or later.
- You can connect to PC Telnetd from any client software on any operating system.
- Installing as a Windows NT Service, PC Telnetd can be integrated with Windows NT security system.
- You can also set accounts and passwords to PC Telnetd.
- Multiple telnet clients can connect simultaneously to a PC Telnetd.
- Open one or more TCP/IP ports and set different shell, initial directory, and initial command for each ports.
- Set different home directories and initial commands for each account.
- Display communicated data as a text or binary data.
- Display stdin, stdout, and stderr data in different colors.
- Select the shell program from Any command-line program, COM port, or other telnet client software.
To download a trial version of PC Telnetd, click next link:
To start PC Telnetd, expand the downloaded .zip file, simply place the files in any directory, and invoke 'PCTelD.exe'.
Note: PC Telnetd requires WinSock 2.
Tama Software Ltd.
Aug 01, 2001 updated